GM Agent's Skull & Shackles
The Wormwood is known for its bloodthirsty Captain, who has a particular fondness for hunting Chelaxian merchant vessels on the Fever Sea. The ship’s officers are known to be equally cutthroat, with a fondness for conscripting unsuspecting sailors by drugging them.
Male human (garundi) Free Captain
Barnabas Harrigan is a muscular man with a shaven head, a long beard bound with gold rings, and an eye patch. He is a recognized Free Captain and leads the crew of the Wormwood. Harrigan holds a well-known dislike Chelaxian vessels, and actively hunts merchant vessels from the Infernal Empire.
Male human (keleshite) First Mate
Mister Plugg is a young, balding man with a long black ponytail, wearing a long coat with polished pearl buttons and carrying a well-used cat-o’-nine-tails. Plugg is Captain Harrigan’s right hand, yet he lack the Captain’s trust and is denied a place in Harrigan’s inner circle..
Male human (keleshite) Boatswain and Master-at-Arms
Master Scourge is a sneering man with a braided beard and a mouth full of gold teeth. He is in charge of all activities and sailors on deck on the Wormwood. His body is tall and thin, and even his long coat and heavy boots fail to give any impression of strength or bulk. He remains close to Mister Plugg, using his association with the First Mate to bolster his own presence on the ship.
- Peppery Longfarthing (female human [garundi] sailing master): Longfarthing is the Wormwood’s sailing master and an old friend of the Captain.
- Riaris Krine (female human [taldan] master gunner): Riaris Krine is the foul-mouthed master gunner of the Wormwood.
- “Stitchman” Habbly Quarne (male human [taldan] surgeon and carpenter): The Wormwood’s surgeon and carpenter is an lean older man with dull gray eyes.
- Kipper Hicks (male human [mwangi] gunner’s mate): Hicks is known as a bootlicker and hanger-on, almost always seeking the good graces of Plugg and Scourge.
- Patch Patchsalt (female gnome boatswain’s mate): Patch Patchsalt is the Wormwood’s boatswain’s mate and a sycophant of Plugg and Scourge.
- Ambrose “Fishguts” Kroop (male human [chelaxian] cook): “Fishguts” Kroop is the ship’s cook aboard the Wormwood. He’s an insatiable drunk with a crooked grin, thinning hair, and pot belly.
- Cut-Throat Grok (female half-orc quartermaster): Grok is a tough half-orc with a large scar across her neck. She’s superstitious when drunk and has little patience for fools.
- Kory “Caulky” Tarroon (female human [taldan] cabin girl): “Caulky” Tarroon is the Captain’s cabin girl, a young woman charged with waiting on Harrigan, bringing the man his meals, and tasting his food.
- Owlbear Hartshorn (male human [garundi] guard): Owlbear Hartshorn is mentally slow but physically strong and eager to please. He is kept as a “pet” by Mister Plugg and spends most of his time chained to a mast in the middle hold.
The remainder of the Wormwood’s crew is generally comprised of conscripts taken against their will and down-on-their-luck sailors found in dockside taverns over the years who joined in the hopes of finding fame and fortune under the flag of Captain Harrigan. Each serve in one of two roles aboard the ship: Swab or rigger.
Riggers are responsible for maintaining the lines, sails, and masts of the Wormwood. They are expected to scale and navigate the intricate network of rigging suspended above the ship’s deck, as well as manning the crow’s nest.
- Cline "Ratline” Rattsberger (male halfling rigger): Cline Rattsberger is a rat-faced halfling with long arms and three missing fingers.
- Conchobhar Turlach Shortstone (male gnome rigger): C. T. Shortstone is a gnome fond of both women of any size and large, colorful hats.
- Maheem (male human [garundi] rigger): Maheem is a big Rahadoumi with a permanent scowl.
- “Barefoot” Samms Toppin (female human [mwangi] rigger): Toppin is a former fisherwoman from the Sodden Lands who never wears shoes.
- Slippery Syl Lonegan (female human [kellid] rigger): Slippery Syl is an unhinged murderer who fled to sea to escape the gallows.
- Tam “Narwhal” Tate (male dwarf rigger): “Narwhal” is an old friend of Master Scourge with a large, ugly nose.
Aboard the Wormwood swabs are second only to the Captain’s cabin girl and Owlbear Hartshorn in order of both importance and influence. Their tasks generally include menial labor and odd jobs, both on deck, and within the ships holds. The coil robe, clean, and even man the bilge.
- Aretta Bansion (female human [vudrani] swab): Bansion is a bad tempered ex-harlot with big ears.
- “Badger” Medlar (female half-elf swab): Asherha Medlar, otherwise known as “Badger,” is an older woman who shaves her gray hair into stripes.
- Crimson “Cog” Cogward (male human [varisian] swab): “Cog” Cogward is a loner with a missing ear and love of fist fights.
- Fipps Chumlett (male human [taldan] swab): Fipps is a fat, pushy bully with a shaved head.
- Giffer Tibbs (female gnome swab): Giffer Tibbs is a bedraggled gnome with one eye.
- Jack “Scrimshaw” Malrint (male human [varisian] swab): Jack “Scrimshaw” is a young lad talented at scrimshaw and skilled with knives.
- Jaundiced Jape Torwell (male half-orc swab): Jaundiced Jape is a humorless, greedy half-orc mute.
- Rosie Cusswell (female halfling swab): Rosie Cusswell is a muscular halfling with a hot temper, sharp axe, and fondness for colorful language.
- Sandara Quinn (female human [taldan] swab): Sandara Quinn is a follower of Besmara with fiery hair and and fiercer temper.
- Shivikah (female human [mwangi] swab): Shivikah is a very tall and muscular ex-slaver.
- Tilly Brackett (female human [tadan] swab): Tilly is a tough joker who likes her rum.